ACKSONVILLE, Fla.-- (BUSINESS WIRE) -- The Main Street America Group announced today the nationwide introduction of its new commercial auto endorsement – Commercial Auto Elite.
The endorsement complements the super regional property-casualty insurance carrier's commercial auto product line by providing liability, physical damage and policy conditions enhancements to its insureds. Commercial Auto Elite is designed to provide business owners with the best auto insurance available in the market at a price that fits every budget.
Coverage highlights of Main Street America's comprehensive endorsement include:
- Broad form insured — Provides coverage for legally owned subsidiaries and newly formed/acquired organizations.
- Amended fellow employee exclusion -- enables the bodily injury liability coverage to protect an employee against a lawsuit brought by a fellow coworker.
- Autos rented by employees coverage – provides liability coverage for automobiles rented by employees on the insured's behalf or at their discretion.
- Waiver of subrogation -- waives Main Street America's right of recovery against organizations the insured has a written contract with that require such a waiver.
- Hired auto physical damage -- covers up to $50,000 for physical damage loss of hired or rented automobiles.
- Additional temporary transportation expense -- increases rental car coverage up to $75 per day.
- Airbag coverage -- provides coverage for accidental discharge of airbags.
"Commercial Auto Elite is designed to provide a wide range of important coverages, while being affordable to everyone in our ‘Main Street' market – particularly small- to medium-sized businesses," said Henry Pippins, Main Street America's vice president of commercial lines.
Pippins added, "For commercial auto policies that have an annual premium of less than $5,000, the cost would only be $100 per year. For policies greater than $5,000, the charge for the endorsement would be 2 percent of the annual premium. The peace of mind that comes with knowing your business is adequately protected in the event of a loss is definitely worth the minimal cost of adding Commercial Auto Elite."
Commercial Auto Elite is the newest addition to Main Street America's line of Elite products. In 2006, the company introduced the Homeowners Elite Program, which provides homeowners with three increasing levels of coverage. In addition, MVP Auto Elite, Main Street America's new personal auto package endorsements, was recently introduced in Massachusetts and also features three levels of coverage – platinum, gold and silver. All three endorsements also include 24-hour roadside assistance through the new MSAssist program at no extra charge. Within the next year, Main Street America plans to roll out MVP Auto Elite to the remainder of the states where it writes business.
About The Main Street America Group
With roots dating back to 1923, The Main Street America Group is a super regional insurance company that operates five property-casualty insurance carriers: NGM Insurance Company, Old Dominion Insurance Company, Main Street America Assurance Company, MSA Insurance Company and Great Lakes Casualty Insurance Company. Based in Jacksonville, Fla., Main Street America offers a wide range of commercial and personal insurance products, and fidelity and surety bond products, to individuals, families and businesses.
With more than $850 million in direct premium written exclusively by nearly 1,200 independent insurance agents, Main Street America insures more than 500,000 policyholders in 22 states. The 85-year-old company has regional offices in Jacksonville; Keene, N.H.; Richmond, Va.; Syracuse, N.Y., and Grand Rapids, Mich., and a claims reporting center in Auburn, Mass. A.M. Best Company rates The Main Street America Group as an "A" (Excellent) due to its financial strength. The Main Street America Group is the founding company partner of Trusted Choice®, the global branding program of the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America. For more information about The Main Street America Group, please visit www.msagroup.com.
Copyright 2008 Business Wire All Rights Reserved.