Nine Insurance Students To Receive 2012 IASA Scholarships
San Diego, CA (Marketwire) - Established in 2009, the IASA Insurance Industry Scholarship program is a demonstration of the association's commitment to aiding students at the sophomore level or above who are enrolled in a university with an insurance program and whose course of study includes working toward a degree in Information Technology, Actuarial Science, Accounting or Risk Management.
After a thorough evaluation process, IASA's Scholarship Committee has selected nine worthy candidates to receive the association's 2012 scholarships. All of the scholarship recipients have proven dedicated not only to academic excellence, but to the betterment of themselves, their campuses and their communities through service and leadership.
This year, in addition to the standard scholarships being presented, the debut of the Walt Mason Scholarship by IASA is specifically designed to honor the long-time association supporter and volunteer, the late Walt Mason. The Walt Mason Scholarship will be given annually, and is intended to specifically honor an individual who has not only excelled academically, but has also displayed the same commitment to active volunteerism.
The nine outstanding recipients of the 3rd Annual IASA Scholarship Program, including the Walt Mason Scholarship, are:
$2,500 Walt Mason Scholarship:
• Saachel Parker, St. John's University, Tobin College of Business: Seeking a degree in Risk Management and Insurance.
• Timothy Cowan, University of Wisconsin - Madison: Seeking a degree in Actuarial Science.
• Katelin Robertson, University of Central Arkansas: Seeing a degree in Insurance and Risk Management.
• Jacqueline Lukas, East Carolina University: Seeking a degree in Finance with a concentration in Risk Management and Insurance.
• Austin Grant, Illinois State University: Seeking a degree in Insurance.
• Jamie Snapp, New Mexico State University: Seeking a degree in Finance with a minor in Risk Management and Insurance.
• Patrick Ecklund, University of St. Thomas: Seeking a degree in Actuarial Science with Mathematics and Renaissance minors.
• Steven Zappia, Utica College: Seeking a degree in Risk Management and Insurance.
• Tsion Tilahun, University of North Carolina - Charlotte: Seeking a degree in Accounting with a minor in Management Information Systems.
This year's recipients will be recognized during the 2012 IASA Annual Educational Conference and Business Show, June 3rd-6th, in San Diego, CA. IASA, PCIS, and OneShield have sponsored two of this year's winners, Saachel Parker and Jacqueline Lukas, to join us in San Diego.
For more information about the IASA Scholarship Program, please contact Sonia Cliffel at 585-643-3324 or Karen Furtado at 978-239-2741, or visit the IASA website atwww.iasa.org and click on "Scholarship Program" in the main menu.
The Insurance Accounting & Systems Association, Inc. (IASA) is a non-profit, education association that strives to enhance the knowledge of insurance industry professionals, and participants from similar organizations closely allied with the insurance industry by facilitating the exchange of ideas and information. IASA is one of the insurance industry's largest, and most well represented trade associations. IASA membership includes insurance companies of all types (Property & Casualty, Life, Health, Fraternal, HMO and others) as members, as well as companies serving the insurance industry, regulators and also organizations more broadly representative of the financial services industry, including banks and investment brokerage firms. Learn more about the IASA by visiting our website at www.iasa.org or by calling (919) 489-0991.